SquaredCircleSyndicate: Episode 13 Show Notes
- This was without question the most wild podcast that Mike & I have ever recorded. A great friend of the show, Mr. John Lane, sent us the suggestion to do a list of the top finishing moves in Pro Wrestling. The topic itself was fun to explore, but the roller coaster ride our conversation took, especially during Part Two, was just plain hysterical.
- The kaleidoscope of material covered(in addition to the Top 20)includes: Magnum PI, fanny Packs, go-go boots, Soul Train, Jeri Curls, and so much more!
- With the switch from recording days to late nights, the shows are a lot more loose and freestyle in execution. To mirror that change, I've pulled back a bit on my own perfectionism while editing, preferring to keep the shows sounding more real, raw & authentic.
- Mike & I have discussed attempting to do a video version of the podcast. I'm a big fan of the podcast "London Real", and would love to eventually have a video version of our show look as crisp as theirs. Also going forward, we are looking to add guests into the mix. I fully trust Mike's knowledge of the wrestling business, and his ability to spice up any interview we may do in the future.
- Narrowing this Top 20 down was a bit challenging. Mike & I both tried to factor in classic moves alongside more modern moves that look amazing. As we got down to the Top 5, we looked at how versatile these moves really were. Our main criteria leading to Number One was just how easy were they to apply on a variety of opponents, regardless of body type.
- Once again we ended this episode with another original track. Big thanks to artist JayLi for the use of his original song "Beast from the East". This was a great fit for the show, and a nice way to end this particular podcast.
- The extreme variety of pop culture influences Mike & I absorbed while growing up is shining through on these newer episodes. Mike's quick wit has really helped us take the show to a new level of entertainment.
*The SquaredCircleSyndicate podcast - Pro Wrestling Talk for the REAL Enthusiast! Available to Listen, Share & Download on iTunes & Podomatic!
Direct link to Episode 13: Top 20 Finishing Moves in Pro Wrestling